You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flowers for Shannon




As many of you know, my sweet doctor and friend Dr. Shannon Moorehead recently passed away. In her honor I wanted to create something for her family, friends, patients and co-workers. I don’t have much to offer, but I do make hair accessories and she really loved wearing flowers in her hair. I’ve had the pleasure of making items for her and her office staff in the past and wanted to create something simple and beautiful that everyone could enjoy. “Flowers for Shannon” was born. The flower I have created is a simple, white, heat sealed flower with a sparkly rhinestone center. The flower is attached to a medium sized alligator clip and can be worn in your hair, through a buttonhole as a brooch, or clipped on your favorite bag or hat. Please note that all of the flowers are handmade by me from start to finish. I may not have flowers available right when you donate, but I will respond right away with a wait time if there is one.

All I ask in return is a small, one time donation of $5. Proceeds will be donated to the Crisis Pregnancy Center in Shannon’s name. The Crisis Pregnancy Center was close to Shannon’s heart. Because of her compassionate nature it was important to her that Women had a safe and caring environment to turn to when they were facing uncertainty, no matter what their economic situation. The Crisis Pregnancy Center also offers medical care, compassion and counseling to those facing tough decisions and a lack of insurance or funds.

Shannon brought so much beauty to this world, lets continue her legacy. To make a donation please contact me directly. All donations accepted, but $5 per flower is requested. If shipping is required please add $2 to assist with shipping costs. Flowers will also be available at the Focus on Women office. Accepted payments are Paypal, cash and check. If you live in the Phoenix area delivery arrangements can be made.



Please check back quarterly to see up to date donation information!



2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love them, they look beautiful. Great job. I would like to order three please! :) let me know what info you need my friend. Thanks! Anna Bumford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have set 3 aside for you Anna! I can't wait to get them to you. We can meet up when you are back in town or I can drop them in the mail if that's easier for you! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete