You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

2 months...

It’s been 2 months already that you’ve been gone, but some days it feels like only 2 minutes. Not a day goes by that you’re not on my mind, you, your Parents and your sweet boys. Some days I’m so sad that you’re gone, but most days I’m just so thankful that you were there for us for as long as you were.

Furio asks about you almost everyday. We had a conversation about how you’re an angel now, but I’m not sure he really understands. I hope he’ll always remember you though. The other day he was telling me how funny you are and that he misses you. He knows you are watching over him, and all the sweet babies you helped bring into this world. I know my kids will always know about you. They will hear how you were the first person to ever touch them and how you kept them safe for many months as they were growing. Many other kids will grow up hearing a very similar story about you. How special is that....

As Mother’s Day approaches I hope your family is celebrating the amazing Mother you are. I know I sure will be. Without you, I wouldn’t have a reason to celebrate, let alone three.

A few weeks ago, I finally planted my “forget me not” seeds from your service. I’m so excited to see four little sprouts popping up! I’m not sure if you had much of a green thumb (that’s one thing we never talked about), but I sure don’t! Of all the plants I’ve tried to grow, I’m really glad that these are growing.





Since your loss I’ve had the pleasure of meeting other patients of yours and even some personal friends.  It’s truly a beautiful thing to be able to bind together at a time like this to help each other heal. You were there for us, now we need to be there for eachother.

Through your loss I hope we all learn to appreciate each other a little more, appreciate life a little more and appreciate all the special people that walk through it.

You’re greatly missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment