You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

After a harmless post on Facebook about what was for dinner in my house, there was a little ruckus with folks wanting to have the recipe. Well there really is no recipe, it's just some super easy deliciousness... but I'll do my best to create one!


So this is super, crazy, unbelievably easy! I love posting stuff like this because I hear "I can't cook" and "I don't know how to cook" waaay too much! It doesn't have to be complicated. Make it simple, delicious and fun!

What you need:

* Chicken! You can use breasts you can use thighs, you can do 6 or you can do 8. This is totally up to you on how much you want to make. Last night I made 8 chicken thighs, we like having this one in the fridge for leftovers, it reheats great! My only suggestion is that you use boneless/skinless chicken.

* Italian style breadcrumbs - I like Delallo or Progresso

* Marinara sauce - We prefer Classico or Bertolli but use what you like

* Shredded mozzarella cheese - Last night I used the uber fancy shredded italian cheese blend from Target, just the Market Pantry stuff... nothing fancy, this is not a fussy meal!

Process:
1. Dredge your thawed chicken in the Italian breadcrumbs. We buy our meats in bulk so I usually pull out what we need from the freezer and put it in a ziploc bag overnight. Once it's thawed and you're ready to rock just toss the chicken and breadcrumbs in the same bag. Easy clean up and again... no fuss!
2. Bake your chicken at 375 for about 30 minutes. Time will vary on the size of your chicken pieces. Just cook until the chicken is done and the breadcrumbs are starting to brown.
3. Spoon as much or as little marinara on the cooked chicken, sprinkle with your mozz and put it under the broiler for a couple minutes just the melt and brown the cheese.

Time to eat! This is great served with angel hair pasta or even just some salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment