You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Make Your Own "Nearly Naked"


I'm not sure about your household, but as of late mine has been addicted to Popcornopolis's Nearly Naked popcorn! I can't say enough good things about it. It tastes amazing, you can't beat the nutritional information and there are only 3 ingredients (that's it!). My kids LOVE it and it's a great snack on the go!

 After going through a bag a week for more weeks than I care to admit, it occurred to me that #1 we have a serious addiction and #2 the 3 ingredients inside this beautiful red bag already existed in my pantry. Now for some folks that might have been a "well duh" moment, but for others it's an "A-ha!" moment. I'm not ashamed to admit that it was an "A-ha!" moment for me! Because I'm a stay at home Mom on a serious budget and the lovely folks at Popcornopolis aren't paying me for this glowing endorsement.... I couldn't keep up this $6-a-bag addiction. Also, I grew up in a time where the air popper was king, so popping my own corn in a basic kettle never occurred to me (don't judge!). 

So here you have it... the DIY Nearly Naked popcorn or as I like to think of it... the Get Naked Without Leaving the House Popcorn!

* 3 tbs coconut oil
* 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
* Whatever toppings/mix-ins you like (we like sea salt)

Pick your largest and deepest kettle (your favorite pasta pot is perfect). Throw in your oil and kernels, put your burner on medium to high, cover with a lid (slightly askew so the steam can escape) and watch the magic happen. Once your kernels slow down to 3 seconds between each pop it's time to pull your kettle. Dump your delicious pillows of corny goodness into a big bowl and get your fixin's on! Be boring like me and do a few cranks of sea salt or get fancy and try out one of those sinful caramel popcorn recipes on pinterest! 

It's as simple as that! Enjoy and never buy pre-popped popcorn again!
Go forth and get naked...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you...I'm absolutely addicted to this popcorn and $8 a bag is getting costly. I will try your recipe & I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete